Wednesday, February 23, 2011
ANOTHER DREAM JOB FOR MaMaMoJo (Except the heavy lifting!)
Medical Cannabis Member Services Representative
Company : Buds and Roses Collective Position : Full Time
Location : California / Los Angeles Experience : 0-2 Yrs
Category : Sales / Biz Development / Medical Salary : Will be discussed at the end of screening process (not before)
Visa sponsorship : No
Tags: Marijuana , budtender , cannabis , customer service , sales , medical
We are actively recruiting for at least one position right now and may have other opportunities shortly. If you are interested in being considered for this position, please read the post thoroughly and follow all instructions.
The ideal candidate for this job will have to be able to follow written instructions to do this job well. And we are assessing candidates' ability to follow written instruction based off their responses.
We are asking that each applicant provide a cover letter which 1) explains why applicant wants to work at our medical marijuana collective; 2) what resources the applicant can bring to our collective; and, 3) what value the applicant can add to our collective.
If your cover letter doesn't address those 3 specific topics, then we'll assume you weren't really that interested in the position.
We also would like 3-5 personal and professional references.
We will be taking our time to find the perfect candidate. There will be a long screening process with a thorough background check. We will be assessing your skills with a variety of evaluations.
Title of the position
Member Services Representative
Executive Director and other members
Interface with all levels of collective members regarding showroom floor activities and tasks.
Key areas of responsibility
• Ensure member satisfaction on a continuous basis
• Assist members with their decisions and options, looking for opportunities to educate
• Oversee the showroom floor when working
• Maximize resources and minimize waste
• Coordinate short and long term goals and tasks
• Open and close the show room floor including cash drawers, inventory, etc
• Pre-package product
• Maintain inventory by daily weighing, tracking, and accounting
• Maintain display cases with proper signage and products and keep clean and tidy
• Order, store, and distribute showroom floor and office supplies
• Document processing and other data
• Receive products physically and within our inventory system (Quickbooks POS)
• Order and Replenishing low inventory, stock, supplies, etc.
• Network and make connections for the Collective
• Organize showroom and area where supplies are kept and Keep showroom tidy
• Showroom floor staff
• Member Services Guards
• Board of Directors including the Executive Director
• Other members of the collective
Term of employment
90-Day probation, weekly compensation.
• Strong sense of customer service
• Good organizational skills
• Supervisory experience
• Knowledge about cannabis as a medicine
• experience interacting with patients
• activism encouraged
• Knowledge of Kushman Veganics helpful
• Ability to lift a minimum of 25 pounds
• Experience with photoshop encouraged
We want applicants that take medical cannabis as seriously as we do. Knowledge of medical cannabis politics in Los Angeles, California and USA is a plus.
You must be a qualified medical cannabis patient or caregiver and you must be a member of our collective. Long and varied hours required. Night and Weekends a must. Flexibility needed. Fast-pace environment. Lots of standing, moving, lifting, etc.
We will only respond to inquiries that demonstrate some of what we are looking for via resumes, cover letters and references.
We will be unable to discuss job opportunities with members who just stop by. All communication about this position will be by appointment only. Thank you for your understanding.
Compensation is based off of experience, skill sets, and knowledge. And will not be discussed until screening process has been completed.
We are looking for the highest qualified candidate and will take all available information into consideration. Many will apply. Only one will get this job. Opportunities for growth.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and reference to the [Use apply form below ]. Please provide a cover letter explaining why you want to work in our collective.